Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Style Share - March

If you've been following this blog since the beginning of the year, you probably know that my life is about to get much more busy. With a child entering my life sometime in the next few weeks, this blog will be taking a backseat for awhile, and entries will more sparse as I adjust to my new routine (or complete lack thereof).

So, in celebration (and because I'm already assuming that I'll skip next month), Style Share for March is the biggest yet. The theme this month is obviously spring, and I tried to reflect that in the items up for grabs. Lots of brighter colors, perfect for the warming temps. There are ten things to choose from (for free*), and I'll send out items to the first six(!) people to claim their items in the comments. Once items are claimed, they're off the board, but the person who claimed the item will need to contact me through the email listed in my profile so I know where to mail the particular items.

As always, the only thing I ask is that the recipient of said item of clothing email me back a photo or two of them wearing it for a follow-up post on this site.

Boom! Here goes...

Lands End ocbd
Lands' End vintage OCBD in blue and pink! 60/40 blend (cotton/poly) made in the U.S.A. No size tag, but based on measurements (neck is 16", sleeve from shoulder seam to hem is 26", chest, from armpit to armpit is 21") I think it's a 16/34. This is all about spring.

Tie Rack
Tie Rack Tie for Leonardo Strelli in a lovely, repeating inverted flower motif. Kinda deco, classy, and playful all in one.

Lands End stripe tie
Lands' End thick silk tie in traditional navy, with 5 bold repeating stripes of grey, green, red, purple, and orange running through it. Someone claim this and pair it up in an outfit that destroys before I decide to keep it.

Brooks Brothers paisley
Stunning Brooks Brothers gold paisley with lots of red and green. Another possible bit of lunacy on my part in giving this away.

Rohde Royce tie
I'd honestly never heard of Rohde Royce before I picked up this tie, but this lovely pastel flower and fruit motif in imported cotton just screams (or at least gently whispers) spring.

Lands End rugby
Older Lands' End rugby (size medium) in the most unreal color combination I've seen in ages. Seriously! Please note that there is a pencil-eraser sized bleach spot just above the neck tag on this one (you can see it in the photo) as well as a tiny (right by the left sleeve cuff, which could easily be fixed) hole on this shirt. If anyone asks, just tell them you had to clean the blood off it after exiting the scrum. Rubber buttons and all.

Brooks Brothers blue
Another Brooks Brothers tie, this one in a nice navy / baby blue / cream pattern. Play it up, play it down.

London Fog
London Fog windbreaker in cream with teal(!) highlights. Yes, it's kinda 80s, but as my dummy shows, it can still be done in style. Size is large and would probably fit a 40 - 44r just fine.

Brooks Brothers in red/green
Brooks Brothers in burgundy and green linked disc motif. Crack this off with some gold cufflinks and/or a big, shiny lapel pin. Bling for spring.

Lands End tie in green and purple
Yet another Lands' End tie (I swear they're not sponsoring this, although that is an idea... hrm...) in green, purple, yellow, and red silk. If you celebrate Easter, I don't think you could ask for a better color combo than this. Fresh green lawns and hidden eggs from a rabbit.

*Seriously, it's free, and yours to keep forever. No strings attached. I won't share your name on the site or with anyone else unless you have a blog of your own that you want me to link. Please note that all clothing will be used (but certainly not stained, smelly, or damaged, as I do have standards), so please only agree to participate if this sort of thing doesn't gross you out. Thanks!

14 comments:

  1. Can I claim the Rohde Royce tie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love the Rugby shirt if it's still available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to both of you. Drop me an email through the address listed in my profile and I'll hook you up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I love your idea !! This seems such fun I think I'd like to play. I would like the Gold B/B Paisley Tie. Thank You.

    And Congratulations on your soon-to-arrive baby !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous, hit me up in the email in my profile and I'll get the tie on its way to you!

    3 items claimed. 3 to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd take the leonardo strelli tie if it's available

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will, the Strelli tie is yours. Drop me an email and I'll get it shipped off to you.

    Still 2 items to give away and 6 to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa...no one snapped up that crayola Land's End rep tie? If its still available, I'd love it.

    Cool idea, by the way.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mark, I can't believe it either! I thought it would be one of the first items claimed. Good for you, though, as it is now yours. Shoot me an email and I'll get it on its way.

    1 item left to claim, with 5 left to choose from. If someone is so inclined, I'll send them both BB ties as their one item. I'm crazy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it too late to claim the other Lands End tie?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dave, it's yours.

    And with that, this edition of Style Share is in the books.

    Will, you still need to email me about the Strelli tie. Drop me your address and I'll get it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so I presume the rep tie is gone? I
    had one for years and my double chin wore a spot through it.
    I loved it, my best tie. Yesterday I saw it on a customer service guy at the mall and joking asked if it was for sale. Unfortunately it wasn't.
    Any chance that if you have already given it up, that the new owner would sell?
    I've truly been hunting on and off for a few years for it.

    Thanks for any lead you can give me. golston.a@centurytel.net

    Alan Golston

    golston.a@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Which one were you referring to specifically? Both of the Lands' End ties got claimed. From the above batch, the only ties left are the Strelli and one of the Brooks Brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello there you wonderful man! How could I go about purchasing the "Tie Rack Tie for Leonardo Strelli in a lovely, repeating inverted flower motif"? Is it still for sale? My boyfriend would absolutely love this tie! And as a photographer, we would be sure to send back some great shots! :D

    ReplyDelete