Thursday, March 17, 2011

Avoiding the pinch

I'm going to state right off the bat that I'm not Irish. I'm a classic American mutt, and I'm totally fine with that. If the words of a great uncle of mine can be believed, then my family is descended at least in part from Ponce de León, but I know that I'm part French, part Dane, part English, and probably a few other nationalities for good measure.

Green pants and navy
I picked up these pants last fall, and stowed them away for the winter after dropping them hems on them a couple inches. Besides being St. Patrick's Day, unseasonably warm temps were in the forecast again, so I couldn't help but break them out.

vintage Izod Lacoste
Not only are they bright green, but they're also vintage Izod Lacoste, with expansion straps and buttons on the sides. Kinda dorky, but I love them. If you have a good memory, you'll notice that I re-claimed a tie from February's Style Share and incorporated it here as well.

navy jacket
A true "business up top, party down low" outfit, I kept things somewhat normalized with a standard navy jacket, university stripe OCBD, and the aforementioned clover-leaf tie and a cream and green pocket square. Burgundy penny loafers rounded it all out.

Over the course of the day, I only got a few playful comments and some random smiles from passerby's (either out of joy or pity, I can't be sure). It's either confidence or folly (perhaps a little of each), but I wouldn't have had the mind to wear something like this a couple years ago. I'm glad I did, though, because it was fun.

3 comments:

  1. Those chinos are the perfect kelly green. I think you could wear this look any warm day with a different tie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking they'll be good playful pants this summer with a pink polo or something as well, although it's probably best to not push my luck and wear them too often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, the tie is a great touch and the navy blazer keeps everything nicely grounded. I have similar colored pants and I wear them every now and then. Best like you say to give them a good rest between uses. If you find them, don't hesitate to snap up any brightly colored pants at the thrift, they're a great way to lighten up any summer outfit. I've got green, yellow, blue and nantucket red and they all get a good amount of playtime when the weather rises into the 80s and above.

    ReplyDelete