Thursday, January 13, 2011

Style Share return - Brooks Brothers tie

About two weeks ago, I was wondering aloud to my wife whether I'd ever see any returns on my Style Share idea. As it turns out, I only needed to wait until the holidays were over until the returns came in and the recipients humbled me with their contributions.

This time out, it was the Brooks Brothers tie from January.

Brooks Brothers
This tie was snagged by one Yankee Whisky Papa, who runs his own style blog over at Boxing The Compass.

Brooks Brothers

photo courtesy Boxing The Compass


To prove how versatile the tie is, I'll let BTC tell it...
I went out for a 7 a.m. sledding run with my 3 year old son, and wore your tie. I happened to have exactly matching cufflinks for it, which are somewhat visible in this picture of me about to leave the house for the short but fast and icy sledding course in the Boston Common. Gray sweatshirt over a TM Lewin St. James shirt and a Mister Midwester-gifted tie. Later, shifted to wool blazer and was off to the office.

From the sled-run straight to the office, like a superhero. That's copy that Brooks Brothers only wish they would have come up with. :)

Again, thanks to everyone for rolling with this. I'm having a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment