Friday, March 5, 2010

Bidness casual

It was a week of meetings at work, with much high-level hand shaking and deal making.

Okay, so not really, but I like to pretend that sometimes. Actually, I did have a rather large amount of meetings here to start off March, some of which stressed me out. By the end of the week, I had a staff meeting where I knew that I wouldn't have to shine quite as much as I had earlier, but I still wanted to wear something interesting.

My solution was to break out some gray Levi's corduroys ($4), a vintage Arrow shirt ($1), and a fire-engine red square-end silk tie under a cashmere sweater vest ($1.50, from this post) and a nice 100% wool Polo University Club jacket ($2). Coupled with some black Florsheim wingtip oxfords (one of my steals of the year from 2009 at only $2), I had my serious side...



But, I planned ahead. When everyone piled into our office for our meeting, the temperature went up and I was able to whip off my jacket without looking too silly.



The small dog in this picture will probably be a re-occurring figure here, and who am I to argue? She is quite stylish on her favorite green chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment